Saturday 30 November 2013

The Colour Of My Dreams











 
 

 
 
“You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing, and dance, and write poems, and suffer, and understand, for all that is life...
The soil in which the meditative mind can begin is the soil of everyday life, the strife, the pain, and the fleeting joy. It must begin there, and bring order, and from there move endlessly. But if you are concerned only with making order, then that very order will bring about its own limitation, and the mind will be its prisoner. In all this movement you must somehow begin from the other end, from the other shore, and not always be concerned with this shore or how to cross the river. You must take a plunge into the water, not knowing how to swim. And the beauty of meditation is that you never know where you are, where you are going, what the end is.”  
 
Jiddu Krishnamurti, via 1
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 The Outfit
Vintage 1970s Pink Wide Leg Silk & Cotton Catsuit: made by Granny Kiki for my Mother
Amber Jewellery: gift from a friend
Vintage Silver Armlet: bought as a teenager
Hunter Wellies, just seen: from Ebay
 
 
 The Soundtrack
Lovin' Spoonful: Daydream
 
 
 Another season, but our dreams can be in any season and every colour!
Photos taken by me using the self timer on my little camera in the bluebell wood last Spring.
Strange lighting effects created by my camera for no apparent reason.
 
 
 I am delighted to be a part of the next Visible Monday, hosted by Patti from Not Dead Yet Style, click on the website link to see her outfit and those of many others.
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Absolute perfection. I'm lost in a daydream. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big dress! Love it anyway! Love the dress so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very lovely. I love that you have gone back in time, so to speak. The jumpsuit is perfection and also perfection on you! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah, your granny really made fab clothes, how lovely is that catsuit!?! amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. {Sigh} Spring! I could easily look at these photos all winter long! Your grandmother was a brilliant lady...and you wear her treasured outfits so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous jumpsuit! Gorgeous colour, and a beautiful Springtime setting. Now for the winter.... xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magical and inspiring always, my dear Emalina.
    I hope you haven´t forgotten me, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Love and sunshine ALWAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Astounding jumpsuit!!! Thank you, dear Emalina, for the Krishnamurti passage and for the reminder that spring will come again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy hell that's a freakin' award-winning jumpsuit Emalina!!! It looks utterly amazing on you, I've often wondered how the females in your family wore the beautiful pieces they've handed down to you. Now that would be an amazing thing to see. The sight of you frolicking in the woods with the bluebells last spring is so memorable, you really are such a special, beautiful flower my dear. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous jumpsuit, you know I'm a huge fan of them! You look lovely amongst the bluebells! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my: spring light, woodland paths, bluebells, Krishnamurti AND you in this sumptuous palazzo style catsuit. It's a feast for the senses and the mind. This is exactly the style of catsuit I long to own, (I keep scrolling back up to look at it again) but I can never find anything already made that's long enough in the leg. Need to find a pattern and a LOT of material instead I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember that song, and how much I adored the Lovin' Spoonful as a teen. You look stunning in that fabulous jumpsuit! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday. xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely summer memory to warm my fingers by! Beautiful as always. Sweet gift to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. but how absolutely fabulous is that wide leg catsuit, i first thought it´s a maxi dress but no its even more fabulous, and well i have a thing for red so i love it even more;)
    hope you have a great weekend!
    love and kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Gorgeous One!! So glad I didn't miss this. I've been somewhat scarce but try to catch up with a few favorites when I can. Looking at these made me feel warm and lazy, seduced by the fragrance of nature, and the lushness of color and fabric. You are a lovely vision. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one of my all-time favourite colours, too. Anything in the red/pink/burgundy/merlot family sets my heart, one might say fitting for such hues, ablaze. In fact, I love burgundy so much, that we painted the walls of our bedroom in that very colour (the exact paint shade is called "radicchio").

    Your marvelous, my dear - so lovely to see still sunshine filled outfit posts well into the fall.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...